The dashboard was looking a little pitted and had a few dents. Also the ignition switch hole was mangled likely due to a previous owner not knowing how to remove the switch.
I started with a little glazing compound over the pitting and dings followed by progressively finer sanding, alternating coats of high build primer and wet sanding. This work included the A pillars too.
For the ignition switch hole, I straightened some metal and welded a little steel to fix the notch. I added a little glazing compound to smooth things out. Then more high build primer and wet sanding.
I finished the job with basic rattle can black semigloss. I know there are more concours compatible finishes but I dont really need that.
I had already fixed the wiring harness issues a while back so there wasn't much to do. This harness was for a basic mid-year 65 Mustang so there were wires for the charge light, oil light, and single turn signal indicator in the cluster.
The cluster I have is a 66 round gauge style. Its in rough shape and the fuel gauge is fried. I gave it a basic cleaning and had to trim plastic off the bottom of the center circle to fit the straight dash metal -- the plastic bezel was already cracked so no biggie there.
I had another leftover donor harness from a 66 and swiped the left and right turn signals, and the oil gauge connectors. For the turn signals, I just spliced the bulb wires to an existing left and right signal wire.
Conveniently, the main power wire from the trunk passes right through the amp meter loop on its way to the fuse panel.