Once everything was plumb and square, I completely welded around the cross member's contact points. After a finish grinding I was ready to install the A-arm/shock towers.
The A-arm/shock tower is bolted in place using the alignment hole and clamped against the frame rail for tack welding. After clamping, I noticed that the tower was not square to the frame rail and cross member so I had to add a thin shim between the frame rail and the tower. Once lined up right, I tacked it in place and removed the clamps.
The final welds were done with my Millermatic 140 MIG welder cranked up to 100 and wire speed at 67. I could have definitely used a little more power but I was able to accomplish it with more than one pass in some places.
The front end welding is finally complete! If I was impatient I would start bolting parts on now but I think I'll resist the temptation.